We were founded in 1908 as a Parish Church, paid for by members of Emmanuel Wimbledon, who themselves had only been going some 20 years.
In the spring of 1908 a marque was erected on the corner of Ryfold Road and Strathmore Road, St Likes was born. The new congregation worshiped here for about six months before moving into the hall.
Worship continued during the summer while the parish hall was built.
Then in October 1908, the congregation moved into the new Parish hall where this met of a year.